Collaborative Teaching and Learning 2nd edition
In the Collaborative Teaching and Learning course, participants will receive advice from experts and peers, as well as specific suggestions about how to carry out collaborative teaching and learning in their classroom. You will also have access to videos of inspiring practice and other support material. Moreover, you will have the chance to belong to a European community of like-minded practitioners, dedicated to working together to make collaborative teaching and learning a reality in the classroom.
Why Collaborative Learning
Being able to collaborate effectively is a valuable 21st-century skill, yet teaching about or through collaboration remains rare in schools because of a lack of understanding of what real collaboration in an educational setting means, and because existing policy conditions do not always enable it to flourish. Practitioners need a dedicated space and time to experiment and better understand what collaborative teaching and learning means in practice. This course is designed to give them that opportunity.
What the course offers
This introductory course will help participants to better understand:
- What collaborative learning is
- How to carry it out effectively in the classroom
- What tools to use to assess collaborative learning
- How to collaborate with fellow teachers to facilitate collaborative learning
- Receive advice from experts and peers, as well as specific suggestions about how to carry out collaborative teaching and learning in their classroom
- Have access to videos of inspiring practice and other support material
- Find a community of like-minded professionals who can support them in improving their classroom practices
- Reflect, discuss and share about these topics
- Use a variety of online tools and social media to communicate and engage in some peer review activities
- Download the full course syllabus
- Enrol on the course
- Join the discussion on Facebook
- Follow the news about the activities on Twitter searching for #Colab_eu
CO-LAB, the project that this MOOC is a part of, is focused on making collaborative teaching and learning a reality in the classroom. CO-LAB is funded by the European Commission’s Erasmus+ Programme under the grant agreement no. 562194.