International Academic Conference on Education, Teaching and E-learning in Prague 2013 is an important international gathering of scholars, educators and PhD students. IAC-ETeL 2013 will take place in conference facilities located in Prague, the touristic, business and historic center of Czech Republic.
All accepted papers will be published in the "Proceedings of IAC-ETeL 2013", ISBN 978-80-905442-1-5 and indexed in: Google books, NKC - National Library of the CR and EBSCO
The TEL-Map European project, funded by the European Commission, has launched a survey about technology supported, innovative learning practices.
TEL-Map is a Coordination and Support Action focussing on roadmapping activities for innovative forms of learning. A roadmap can be understood as a ‘strategic lens’, through which future developments in a domain or an organisation are analysed for the purpose of channelling available resources wisely.
The aim of this new survey is to collect the views of teaching professionals to inform future roadmapping activities by probing certain statements with regards to their likelihood, desirability and – when it comes to policy measures – their feasibility.
There is no need to be an expert in all areas addressed to answer the survey, as the objective of TEL-Map is to get feedback from people with as diverse backgrounds as possible.
Question blocks have been created for each of the following innovative practices:
- Gamification: using game mechanics and elements of game design in non-game contexts in order to motivate learning. Controversial issues evolve around 'hunting for points as a distraction of learning', neglect of demographic particularities, availability of gamification strategies.
- Free Massive Open Online Course: bringing existing courses to an extended audience by driving technological and economical innovation. Controversial issues evolve around funding models, accreditation, high attrition rates and possible ways of highly automated learner support.
- Flipped classroom: inverting classroom situations so that the lecture part is moved from school to home and the exercise part takes place at school. Controversial issues evolve around managing differences between learners being more or less successful doing their homework, which requires fundamentally new types of in-class activities.
- Seamless Learning (Ubiquitous Learning): obliterating borders between different technologies and learning formats such as formal and informal learning or individual and social learning. Controversial issues evolve around the ownership of learning tools and data generated by learners' activities, or the potentially invasive character of learning technologies to the detriment of a balanced life style.
Der Einsatz digitaler Lerntechnologien hat an Hochschulen einen anerkannten und hohen Stellenwert. Um einen Überblick über aktuelle und zukünftige Trends aus den Bereichen „neue Medien“ und „E-Learning“ zu bieten, lädt der ELAN e.V. zum Kongress „teaching trends“ am 27.9. und 28.9.2012 an der Universität Osnabrück ein.
Thematische Schwerpunkte sind:
- E-Prüfungen/E-Assessment (prüfen, üben, sich selbst einschätzen mittels digitaler Systeme)
- Videobasierte Lehre (Produktion und Distribution von Lehrveranstaltungsaufzeichnungen)
- Mobile Szenarien (Lehren und Lernen unterwegs)
- Lehre im Web 2.0 (Kommunikation und Interaktion in Communities)
- Technologiegestütztes Studieren (Erfahrungen und Erwartungen der Studierenden)
The Education Show is the UK's leading education event for the promotion and development of all learning and teaching.
- Chose from over 70 CPD sessions in Learn Live and learn from fellow practitioners and industry experts
- Purchase the latest resources for your classroom with access to 400 education providers offering exclusive show offers and discounts
- Hear from and speak to leading education bodies and associations who will be speaking in workshops and hosting information points
The Education Show is free to attend.
Official ISBN publication: "ESSIE Annual Convention 2012: Change in Education”.
PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE:
- 31 January 2012
• Innovation Ecologies and Learning Ecosystems
• Digital Learning Resources and Learning Clouds
• Transformational Educational Leadership
• Alternative and Diversified Learning Spaces
• Shifts in Teaching, Learning and Assessment
• Web 2.0, Wiki and Social Technologies
• Open Access, Resources and Standards
• Internet Security, Privacy and Safety
• Breakthroughs in Learning and Neurosciences
Visit the Website: Call for Papers
Submit your paper THE LATEST on 31 January 2012
In June 2011, European Schoolnet’s iTEC project welcomed an important new Associate Partner, the Gothenburg Region Association of Local Authorities (GR). The new partnership aims to strengthen scenario building in Sweden as iTEC develops and validates scenarios for the future classroom in over 1000 classrooms across 15 countries in Europe.
Allocation of resources to lifelong learning is considered as one of the key areas within the Gothenburg Region Association of Local Authorities (GR), a co-operative organisation uniting thirteen municipalities in western Sweden. As one of the iTEC’s newest Associate Partners, GR provides iTEC with a solid base in Sweden and further extends the project’s pan-European scope. With the involvement of GR, iTEC will now be able to involve and work with schools in 15 countries.
The Gothenburg region includes 210,000 pupils, 20,000 teachers and 1000 school heads. GR Education, a service organisation within the regional body, plays an important role among these actors by supporting lifelong learning and providing a place for exchanging ideas, knowledge and experience. The association also runs several joint projects and collaborates with a large number of organisations outside the municipal sphere. For example, a new project called GUNS will establish cross-border cooperation between 9 Nordic schools and 18 school classes, who will jointly plan and carry out joint cross-border projects related to languages, science, history/social studies and mathematics supported by new technologies. GR Education will also organise a two-day “Mötesplats Skola” conference in October 2011 to present different regional initiatives in the field of education. iTEC will take part in one of the conference sessions called European perspective into school digitalisation.
GR’s concrete activities to support iTEC will be related mainly to future classroom scenario development and school piloting. So called “one-to-one” computer projects have a relatively strong presence within the region’s educational sector and schools involved in these initiatives will pilot and test some of the iTEC scenarios.
For more information: email@example.com
EDULEARN11, the 3rd annual International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies will be held in Barcelona (Spain), on the 4th, 5th and 6th of July, 2011.
This conference will be held at international level. The attendance of more than 700 delegates from 70 different countries is expected.
EDULEARN11 is an International Forum for those who wish to present their projects and discuss the latest innovations and results in the field of New Technologies in Education, E-learning and methodologies applied to Education and Research.
We invite you to submit your abstracts and to contribute to EDULEARN11 (in person or virtually) in order to share your results and experiences in Education and Research and learning/teaching technology. The deadline for abstracts submission is the 31st of March 2011.
Two ISBN publications will be produced with all the accepted abstracts and papers. They will serve as a database of innovation projects in Education and New Learning Technologies.
In addition to the technical issues of the conference programme, our website provides you with tourist information on the city of Barcelona, unique for its cultural, artistic and historical richness, lovely surroundings and nice beaches of the well-known “Costa Brava”.
This “Impact Conference” focuses on the impact of the use of Open Educational Resources on Teaching and Learning. There will be presentations by leading experts and a series of workshops in the afternoon.
Balstoties uz šī apskata, mēs secinājām, ka „mikromācību programma” – kā tīšā momenta izcelšana, it īpaši apmācībā, mācībās un tehnoloģijā – nodrošina vērtīgu pieredzi, ko var izmantot tehnoloģiju un mediju, kā arī vispārīgos izglītībai veltītajos pētījumos. Mēs parādām, ka mikromācības nav tikai kārtējā pieeja, bet gluži otrādi tā ir perspektīva, kas attiecas uz vairākām izglītības jomām, tā ir nepārtraukta, neatkarīgi no tā, vai tā ir vai nav orientēta uz pētījumiem un tehnoloģiju attīstību. Tādējādi, mēs parādām, ka mikroapmācības gaitā gūtā pieredze ir plaši pielietojama mediju un izglītības tehnoloģiju pētījumos.
Raksta nobeigumā ir sniegti secinājumi par pēdējiem pētījumiem mikromācību jomā. Tie ir vērsti uz studentu ierobežojumiem un brīvību, kā arī uz pasniedzēju pedagoģisko atbildību. Pozitīvi vērtējams tas, ka mikromācību apspriede nebūt nav noslēgusies un tā kļūst arvien daudzbalsīgāka. Mēs uzskatam, ka šādas diskusijas ir jāveicina.
Sākotnēji publicēts: Hug, Theo (Ed.) (2007): Didactics of Microlearning. Concepts, Discourses and Examples. Münster et al: Waxmann, pp. 15-21 (cf. http://waxmann.com/kat/1869.html). Ar Waxmann korporācijas atļauju.