Learning within and from Smart Cities
- 0 Commentaires
- 1174 Nombre de visites
This workshop, the first of its kind, propose itself as a 'think tank' able to foster a reflection on how the way we learn may be influenced and change because of the development of 'smart cities', but also 'smart villages' and 'smart territories'.
From the Far East, to the Americas and to Europe, cities and their surroundings are evolving towards a new dimension in which the info infrastructure becomes an indispensable asset of our life, contributes to the development of info-ecosystems. Such integrated efforts of info-urbanism are expected to produce social innovation and will make people wonder about new forms of smart education.
The virtual infrastructure - web and mobile - will be integrated more closely with the physical landscape incorporating the latter into a complex ecosystem which will bring forward opportunities to learn from everyday life.
Technologies, increasingly embedded into everyday spaces and artefacts, will make the places not only more sensitive but also responsive and, potentially, coevolutionary (TEP - Technology Enhanced Places).
The human, considered in all her/his complexity, will be placed at the centre of increasingly ubiquitous and complex educational contexts and scenarios. The perimeter of the physical space in which the educational experiences develop will become increasingly undefined and characterized by a high density of social interactions.
(shortened and adapted from http://www.mifav.uniroma2.it/inevent/events/scilearn2012/index.php?s=152)
Topics of Interest & Call for Papers
Papers are solicited on the following 'open' list of topics:
- Technological Ecosystems supporting learning within and from the 'smart cities' (toward 'web-mobile-internet of thing' integrated environments)
- Future 'smart cities' learning scenarios (contexts and methods)
- Ecological monitoring and visualization of flows, behaviours, experience's styles and 'smart cities' learning
- The impact of contextualization, glocalities, identities
- Educational Ecosystems: from ''intelligence' to autopoietic education (edupoiesis)
- April 26, 2012 -> Sending out CFP and launching the workshop website
- June 10, 2012 -> Deadline for submission of contributions
- July 1, 2012 -> Notification of evaluation results
- July 15, 2012 -> Deadline for authors' registration and upload of final camera-ready contributions