The European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL) is a unique opportunity for researchers, practitioners, and policy makers to address current challenges and advances in the field. Through EC-TEL, established and emerging researchers as well as practitioners, entrepreneurs, and technology developers explore new collaborations, strengthen networks, and complement their core experience. This year's theme is "Scaling Up Learning for Sustained Impact". We invite contributions for original research papers, demonstrations and workshops. A doctoral consortium will also be organized concurrently with the workshops. EC-TEL 2013 also offers the opportunity to host project meetings.
- Abstract submission (papers, posters, demos): 25 March 2013
- Full submission (papers, posters, demos): 2 April 2013
- Notification of acceptance: 4 June 2013
- Camera ready versions: 28 June 2013
- Room reservation for project meetings: 15 June 2013
- Workshop proposals: 2 April 2013
- Workshop notifications: 30 April 2013
- Workshops: 17, 18, 21 September 2013
- Project meetings: 16-18 & 21 September 2013
- Main conference: 18-20 September 2013
EC-TEL invites contributions in the following (non-exclusive) areas. For a more detailed topic listing, see the call for papers on the EC-TEL 2013 website.
- Technological underpinning
- Pedagogical underpinning
- Individual, social & organisatonal processes
- Sustainability and scaling of TEL solutions
- Learning contexts and domains
- TEL in developing countries
- TEL, functional diversity and users with special needs
- Full Papers: max. 14 pages, published in proceedings
- Short Papers: max. 6 pages, published in proceeding
- Demonstration Papers: max. 4 pages, published in proceedings; At the conference, all accepted demonstrations will be invited to participate in the EC-TEL 2013 Demo Sprint contest, a plenary session where all demos are presented. The audience of the EC-TEL Demo Sprint session will vote for the best EC-TEL demo, and the winner will be awarded.
- Poster Papers: max. 4 pages, 2 page summary published in proceedings
- Workshop proposals: max. 4 pages, not published in proceedings. Note: We are exploring possibilities for arranging publication of all workshop papers in a post-conference proceedings volume to be published by Springer. Workshop organizers are requested to indicate in their proposals whether they would like to contribute to such a post-conference proceedings volume, or whether they are targeting other high-quality publication outlets (international impact-rated journals, including special issues in these).
MUPEMURE is a STELLAR Theme Team concerned with how learners share multiple perspectives on multiple representations. A large body of research has been concerned -not exclusively- with learners’ difficulties to detect and avoid misconceptions and to construct relations between multiple representations for building coherent mental representations of mathematical and science topics.
The main goal of MUPEMURE is to develop and investigate socio-technological approaches to facilitate active learning with multiple representations in technology-enhanced mathematics and science education. This Project also aims to integrate different Technology-Enhanced Learning (TEL) research communities -both in Europe and beyond- by basing research on multiple representations and expand it with research on computer-supported collaborative learning, advanced instructional approaches, as well as technological support of analyzing learners’ activities and interactions.
The Project targets:
- attaining empirical results on processes and outcomes of actively processing multiple representations in TEL environments
- integrating different TEL research communities in Europe and beyond expanding multi-media learning research
The chairs of EC-TEL have opened the call for bids to host EC-TEL 2012.
Deadline: Interested organisations should submit their bid by July 1, 2011, to email@example.com
Each bid should contain the following information:
Why EC-TEL'12 should be hosted in the proposed location?
- Background on the city / location
- Background on the organizing group
- Short bio of local organizers
- Suggested conference date
- Suggested conference venue and facilities
- Traveling to/from/in the proposed location (incl. some price information)
- Lodging/Hotels (incl. some price information)
- Suggestion for the special event / conference dinner
- Tentative Budget, including suggested registration fees
We aim to publish the host and venue of EC-TEL 2012 at the closing ceremony of EC-TEL 2011.