The Jury reviewed a pool of applicants from all regions of the world and all fields of education. The Winners were selected for their innovative approaches and positive impact upon societies and education, within the perennial theme of Transforming Education: Investment, Innovation and Inclusion.
The Learning School Initiative, calling for a worldwide federation of efforts to make schools fit for the future, was officially launched at the EFQUEL Forum on September 16, 2011. It will be presented and discussed at the Open Classroom Conference taking place in Athens on October 27-29, 2011 and at the World Innovation Summit for Education in Doha (November 2011).
If you share the belief that school transformation is key in enabling a better future for our children, you can join it!. The invitation is open to:
- Individuals (teachers, parents, students, citizens) willing to contribute with their views, experience and ideas on how to improve and transform schools to make them fit to the future.
- Funding agencies interested in sponsoring the initiative.
- International networks involved in education interested in contributing to the promotion and international coordination of the initiative.
- Public institutions and organisations (Ministries of Education, Universities, Research centres) interested in supporting the federated initiative through promotion at national level, sharing of knowledge, research findings and expertise, identification of test beds for school transformation pilots.
- Research/implementation projects active at local, national, regional, international level throughout the world sharing the aim of school transformation and willing to share knowledge, experience and results achieved as well as to discuss jointly with all other actors on how to face encountered challenges.
- Schools of all grades (ages 3-18) in all countries of the world willing to share their experience, to act as test beds, discuss their daily problems and challenges and to be grassroots innovators.
Want to know more about the initiative?
- Help building the map of school transformation
- Endorse the initiative
- Send your comments and suggestions
- Suggest an event where the initiative could be presented and discussed
- Vote the name of the Initiative
Contact - The Teachers’ Digest: How Information & Communications Technology has transformed our schools
Whether in Science, Art, Geography, Music, Math or any other subject, ICT has revolutionised teaching and learning. There are many examples of how schools have taken advantage of technology to enhance the teaching-learning process and we wish we could feature them all. We hope that the few examples featured in this issue of Contac - The Teachers’ Digest wil l spark off ideas for yo u so that you, too, can harness technology to let your students’ interests and talents shine brightly.
Atelier-D - Achieving Transformation, Enhanced Learning and Innovation through Educational Resources in Design
The project will look at the development of a virtual design studio space to support student learning throughout the design programme